Environmental | Social | GovernanceOur 2023 ESG and Impact Report
At Supporting Education Group, our mission is to enhance and enrich young people’s education – we believe that education can change the world. Our ESG and Impact Report shows how we’re not only helping educate the next generation, but also driving positive change in our communities and beyond.
Message from Jonathan Roback
I’m delighted to be reporting to stakeholders on ESG and impact. It’s vitally important for organisations to be taking responsibility for climate change and improving society, both in the short and long term. Impacting on young people’s outcomes and aspirations is central to everything we do and this report is an important step forward in our journey.
Developing an ESG and impact approach has helped us to think more deeply about how we can respond to local, national and global challenges. It has helped us to focus on the areas where we can drive positive change and raise awareness and accountability amongst our customers and stakeholders.
I look forward with positivity and confidence on what we will continue to do to improve upon our impact and do our best by our communities.
Jonathan Roback – Group CEO
Over 1.1 million days of education delivered to schools
18,000+ educators available to deliver a flexible workforce solution for schools across England & Wales
11,000 education professionals signed up for qualifications last year
688,000 students hours of tuition delivered
633,000 children supported with mental health and wellbeing last year
Services provided to over 12,000 school and MAT customers
Our Impact on the Education Sector
At Supporting Education Group, we’re a team of experts who are passionate about supporting schools and MATs to deliver the best possible education provision for their pupils.
Our high-impact, award-winning services cover everything from educator talent solutions to school financial management, and we’re proud to have helped countless academies to achieve their goals. But what sets us apart from other providers? Our focus on outcomes and a groupwide approach to creating tailored solutions. We don’t just provide services – we help you to achieve real results, whether that’s through improving teaching standards, streamlining your operations or enhancing your pupil wellbeing.
A Selection of Case Studies
Future Teachers Programme - Impacting Educator Recruitment
Teaching Personnel’s Future Teachers Programme is an opportunity for graduates considering a career in teaching to gain practical experience and a route into intial teacher training. Over four years, we have worked in partnership with United Learning to place almost 70 graduates into positions in their schools.
Watch our short video to hear about United Learning’s experience of the Future Teachers Programme.
The Thrive Approach - Impacting Learner Mental Health and Wellbeing
Thrive train staff to support learners to understand, identify and tackle the root cause of behaviours. Thrive has trained 52,000 staff to support learner mental health and wellbeing to date. Reaching over 640,000 young people.
Watch our video to hear about experiences of the Thrive Approach from Fortis Academy, Parkside Middle School, The Elland Academy, Hagley Primary School and Pennywaun Primary School.
Early Career Development Programme - Impacting Educator Development and Retention
The first years of a teacher’s career are vitally important for professional development including developing good habits and effective teaching strategies.
Hear from participants of our Early Career Development Programme.
Download our ESG and Impact Report
Our ESG Commitments
We are committing to:
- Reduce our near-term carbon emissions and achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Validate our targets as ‘science-based’ through the Science Based Targets Initiative.
- Implement a carbon reduction plan that will focus on reducing emissions from travel and office sites.
We are committing to:
- Evidence and validate we have delivered impact against eight outcomes for schools, educators, parents and learners.
- Improve upon our delivered impact; doing more and doing better to achieve our Group mission.
- Provide more investment to support additional specialist and management qualifications for our employees.
- Promote, monitor and report on equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Support more employees and educators to engage in volunteering and charitable giving.
- Maintain an ESG working group who report on initiatives and measures to our Board and investors; and appoint ESG champions from across our 12 businesses.
- Prioritise quality and compliance – maintain accreditations, up-hold high-quality feedback and ratings from external auditing bodies, minimise cyber threats.
- Conduct regular employee and customer surveys and act upon their feedback.