Environmental | Social | GovernanceOur 2023 ESG and Impact Report
Our mission is to enhance and enrich young people’s education – we believe that education can change the world. Our ESG and Impact Report shows how we’re not only helping educate the next generation, but also driving positive change in our communities and beyond.
Message from Jonathan Roback
I’m delighted to be reporting to stakeholders on ESG and impact. It’s vitally important for organisations to be taking responsibility for climate change and improving society, both in the short and long term. Impacting on young people’s outcomes and aspirations is central to everything we do and this report is an important step forward in our journey.
Developing an ESG and impact approach has helped us to think more deeply about how we can respond to local, national and global challenges. It has helped us to focus on the areas where we can drive positive change and raise awareness and accountability amongst our customers and stakeholders.
I look forward with positivity and confidence on what we will continue to do to improve upon our impact and do our best by our communities.
Jonathan Roback – Group CEO
Our ESG Commitments
We are committing to:
- Reduce our near-term carbon emissions and achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Validate our targets as ‘science-based’ through the Science Based Targets Initiative.
- Implement a carbon reduction plan that will focus on reducing emissions from travel and office sites.
We are committing to:
- Evidence and validate we have delivered impact against eight outcomes for schools, educators, parents and learners.
- Improve upon our delivered impact; doing more and doing better to achieve our Group mission.
- Provide more investment to support additional specialist and management qualifications for our employees.
- Promote, monitor and report on equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Support more employees and educators to engage in volunteering and charitable giving.
- Maintain an ESG working group who report on initiatives and measures to our Board and investors; and appoint ESG champions from across our 12 businesses.
- Prioritise quality and compliance – maintain accreditations, up-hold high-quality feedback and ratings from external auditing bodies, minimise cyber threats.
- Conduct regular employee and customer surveys and act upon their feedback.